Editor used for PHP - Page 23
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Editor used for PHP

The newest studio runs on the Eclipse platform. It's got Zend Framework integrated directly into it for type hinting.

I think it's worth the $200; however, Aptana seems to be a less-costly alternative to Zend Studio and is built upon Eclipse as well.

Most good IDEs will automatically do everything you described. Even some text editors (Notepad++, EditPlus) will do syntax highlighting and if given proper code, some code insight

There are other good IDEs including NuSphere PhpIDE, ActiveState Komodo, MPSOFTWARE's PHPDesigner, Waterproof's PHPEdit, and Blumental's WeBuilder 2008 or RapidPHP 2008.

I gotta do some research and try some IDEs then, as you can see I've been away from the php world for a while.
    There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers and those who don't

What a fantastic read. From those that prefer to etch their code in stone tablets with nothing more than a sharpened stone to those that would like their editor to wipe their backside.

Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread over the years.
    Warning: If you are taking advice from me, then you are in really bad shape. Let's both hope for your code's sake that someone comes along and pulls us out of this fix that I've gotten us into.

Another IDE option to look at is NetBeans PHP. I'm not going to say it's better or worse than any of the others mentioned here; just that it's worth a look, too.
    Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be." ~ from Nation, by Terry Pratchett

"But the main reason that any programmer learning any new language thinks the new language is SO much better than the old one is because hes a better programmer now!" ~ http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/...ck_to_p_1.html

eBookworm.us

t3h Cardman
    I'm using windows and phpDesigner 2008 professional

NetBeans Tip for Opening Files

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
    Another IDE option to look at is NetBeans PHP. I'm not going to say it's better or worse than any of the others mentioned here; just that it's worth a look, too.
    This tip might be of use to those trying out NetBeans: http://www.charles-reace.com/blog/20...-project-file/
    Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be." ~ from Nation, by Terry Pratchett

"But the main reason that any programmer learning any new language thinks the new language is SO much better than the old one is because hes a better programmer now!" ~ http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/...ck_to_p_1.html

eBookworm.us

I use free PHP IDE Codelobster PHP Edition.

What PHP editor do you use?

Hi,

A bit of a random post really. I wanted to get a feel of what other developers or wannbe developers are using to write/edit their PHP and other related code:

In the past I have used Scite, Notepad ++, GEDIT and Bluefish

Considering I use Ubuntu platforms only it would be good to know what everyone else uses with pros and cons?
    Try not to become a man of success but a man of value

on Ubuntu, I use Kate (gedit also, but less often). I use Notepad++ when I'm on windows.

Quote Originally Posted by bradgrafelman View Post
    Thread moved to Echo Lounge.

Speaking of the EL, you might want to search this forum for threads containing "editor" - it's been discussed several times (usually to great length IIRC) across a few different threads here.
    @Brad

Thanks Brad I didnt notice the Lounge for some reason, I will try to remember to post stuff like that here in the future.

On the note of Editors, I didnt want to make it a research project because I already have my favourites, I was just being curious as to what other people use. Not forgetting there are probably many more new users of the forum since the previous threads.

But many thanks all the same
    Try not to become a man of success but a man of value

Still Komodo Edit for me.

eBookworm.us

Quote Originally Posted by chrisguk
    What PHP editor do you use?
    One that is better than yours, even if you're using the same one

Jokes, aside: Geany. It has most of the usual stuff for programming text editors, is multi-platform and comes as open source software at zero price.
    Use Bazaar for your version control system
    Read the PHP Spellbook
    Learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Too be honest notepad++ drives me crazy that you can't left arrow up to the next line!!! wtf... Is it just me?

Netbeans is great!

If you're getting started anything w/ debug will be your savior and enemy! choose wisely!
    Bob Lob Law

Quote Originally Posted by jeepin81 View Post
    Too be honest notepad++ drives me crazy that you can't left arrow up to the next line!!! wtf... Is it just me?
    ?? do you mean

Code:
     line 1
    |line 2
    [<]

Code:
     line 1|
     line 2
    ?

I think I'm missing something

I'm still a huge fan of Komodo Edit. The new version has some very nice improvements, including inline lint checking. It is also cross platform.
    Sadly, nobody codes for anyone on this forum. People taste your dishes and tell you what is missing, but they don't cook for you. ~anoopmail
    I'd rather be a comma, then a full stop.
    User Authentication in PHP with MySQLi - Don't forget to mark threads resolved - MySQL(i) warning

Thread Information