WARNING: I am watching u!
General Help forum FAQ + Bookmarked threads
Do's / Don't's
- General Overview
If it's improper to say something in a public place comprised of mixed races and ages, it's inappropriate to post it here in the forums.
We can't allow this in any form. If someone is interested in getting exposure through the site, please contact the administrator via email at email@example.com . Footers may contain a pitch - it's a bit of a trade-off. The user is contributing to the community and in return they get exposure via their footer. Posting useless stuff and a huge ad in their footers is a complete NO.
- Off-topic Posts
Please use the Echo Lounge forum.
- Footer Size
We need to limit this to 5 lines. Obviously if there are 20 posts on a page and we allow more, we'll end up with 100 extra lines to scroll when reading messages.
- Job Posts
They all go here. Posting them anywhere else will see them deleted, and may earn an infraction.
Bookmarked links to common questions
- Register Globals : Let the script behave as if register_globals is on even if it is off.
- cron: It's for running programs at regular intervals. You can use it for your scripts, too. (Windows has a task scheduler.)
- Bunkermaster's Debugging 101 thread in the Echo Lounge.
- planetsim's sister thread to this one.
- planetsim has also compiled a list of tutorial links.
- New here? Read the Guidelines and save yourself grief.
- Unexpected $end parse errors giving you troubles? Check out this thread.
- PHP Manual
- www.php.net/links. Professional associations, link catalogues, FAQs, script libraries, developers' articles, tutorials, magazines, accelerators/encoders/compilers, editors, hosting, job sites .... you still here?
- Paul Hudson's Practical PHP Programming.
- What does 'PHP' mean? Ask the manual this question: whatisphp
Extra board markup
- For posting PHP code, put it in [php]...[/php] tags:
for($i=$n+50; $i<2*$n; $i++)
echo "Just some text on line $i\n";
- For HTML markup, use [html]...[/html] tags:
<form action="upl.php" method="GET">
<!-- Go on, you know you want to!-->
<input type="text" value="FOO!" /> and then <input type="submit" value="SUBMIT!" />
- For any other sort of code and stuff for which you want the spacing to remain
unchanged, use [code]...[/code] tags:
id | username | passwd
1 | jsmith |cae8d14edd025e72c59dbab6f378c95a
2 | ffoobar |6cfe61694ee1bb13ae719d47c2f80b7a
3 | jbloggs |8fc42c6ddf9966db3b09e84365034357
4 | hseldon |e82df739dd8c84c8ae105b514f4c10df
5 | dolivaw |0e9312087f58f367d001ec9bae8f325a
|| | \
- To stop the board software parsing board markup tags you don't want it to, wrap them in [noparse] ... [/noparse] tags. This works for smilies, too :).
- Please use these, as they make code much easier to read!
- If you feel that we missed out some. Just PM moderators of this forum.
- When you have got your problem solved please click the "Mark Thread Resolved" in the "Thread Tools" drop-down. This makes it easier for people go to threads where there are more chances of them finding a working solution.
[ ModEdit :: bpat1434 ] Updated some items, fixed others as well
Last edited by Weedpacket; 12-08-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Tags for this Thread