New Projects : Announce here - Page 2

View Poll Results: Would you be interesting in 'detecting robots'?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 64.52%
  • Maybe

7 22.58%
  • No

4 12.90%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Projects : Announce here

Hello everybody,

I started a "Text Based Game" (TBG) project, in the style of a MMORPG. MMORPG stands for Massive Multiplayer Role Playing Game. So this TBG is aiming at creating a PHP Game centered around the sense of community found in these MMORPGs, and still at the same time offer a very nice RPG experience.

This game uses mainly PHP and MySQL, and JavaScript when needed. The project has only just started, and the team consists of me, David hart (programmer) and ultimate_peon (Graphist). For now, we are working on the game mechanics. The decision about the world to use is not yet done. Either we will use the world of Warcraft (Blizzard Games), or if the project goes on well, we will hopefully create our own world.

I posted here because I will need someone to help me in the coding. That person must have experience in PHP and MySQL and must be able to work in team. That means, ability to comment his code meaningfully, stick to coding standards, etc...

I have said it in the title of the post, but I will repeat it again. This game will be free and you must not expect to be paid. Most importantly, you must be motivated or it will never work.

Thanks in advance

Blackhound

PS: You can answer to this post or email me. This game will be free and you must not expect to be paid. You will also be required to use MSN Messenger as this is our principal mean of communication.

Email Address: david.hart@lmh.ox.ac.uk

MSN Msgr Address: blackhound_games@hotmail.com

I am also starting a game project like Blackhound. It will be free and you will not be paid to work on it (sorry).

The game is a multiplayer game and is stategy and perhaps roleplaying (I hope). It also uses PHP, MySQL, and a little ibt of JavaScript. I have a few people right now, one who knows a few things about programming, some who have help come up with concepts and another who is helping with story line. All we have currently is a forum (http://apolloares.proboards18.com) a server to hoste it, and cool graphics which I have created. We have contacts with a few people who have created games like it but I hope to bring it to the next level.

So what is the game about?

It is called: Galactic Empire

Its theme is space. You are a caption-govenor within an empire. There are four empires each with their own special traits. Your job is to help your allies defet the other empires and rule the galaxy. The whole game takes places on a galactic map with solar systems to colonize, and stellar objects to harvest. I think it will be really cool but I have just started to learn about PHP and MySQL. I could do it but I would be much better and faster if some else could help us program.

Hay Blackhound, if you want you can join up with my team. It seems that we both want to build similar games and my guys have most of the concepts already haddled. Just message me here or email me if you want to or need more info.

email:
    ciaran@mad.scientist.com
    Last edited by Apollo_Ares; 11-18-2003 at 03:49 PM.

black sheep with red wool Merve's Avatar
    PEBoDMyAdmin was a cool project but I guess I'll never get around to doing it...(sigh)

What I'm working on now is a contest website. After having a thread on creating a coding contest site, I've decided to go ahead and make one. It will include a mini-forum, and a bunch of other stuff like the ability to rate entries, download entries and unzip them (everything's zip files, files are uploaded and I zip them with PclZip).

However, one will have to become a member, or a user, to enter any contest...

I love open source, and so that's what it shall be. And so I guess I'll bundle something and have it as a free download on my site...

It'll also have an admin area so that dork-asses who don't know PHP or MySQL will be able to set it up as long as they know how to use PHPMyAdmin. If I learn PgSQL I might make a PgSQL version...but that's doubtful...in fact it's doubtful I'll even finish this one.
    "A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- Jean Chrétien

The Three C's

Originally posted by Merve
    If I learn PgSQL I might make a PgSQL version...but that's doubtful...in fact it's doubtful I'll even finish this one.
    Want some help? A good way to make this available in different databases would be to use the DBX Functions. Could just have the type of database they use in the config files. The output is the same regardless of database. Anyway, lemme know if ya want some help with anything.

black sheep with red wool Merve's Avatar
    It's all part of the learning experience. Half the adventure is installing PHP and Apache and MySQL and getting it all to work!
    "A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- Jean Chrétien

The Three C's

Programmer here

Hi,
    <?admin
    die "no job requests here please, read rules";
    ?>

Thnx and rEGARDS,
    HIMADRISH
    Last edited by Bunkermaster; 01-17-2004 at 09:09 PM.

Ahem ....

"I am also starting a game project like Blackhound. It will be free and you will not be paid to work on it (sorry). "

Did you read the first 2 lines of his post??

tisk

himadrish note that he clearly states its not a job post i quote Apollo_Ares:
    I am also starting a game project like Blackhound. It will be free and you will not be paid to work on it (sorry).
    take a look back please ty
    what time is it?

Exclamation *Volunteer Developers Wanted!

*This is not a job offer but an offer for other developers to work with our team on a volunteer project*

Greetings,

New PHP content management system currently being developed. Similar to PHP Nuke, but more secure, user friendly and complete with a full adminCP including file manager, ftp ect. We are currently seeking other developers to be on our team.

Looking for developers with skills in the following areas:
    - MySQL
    - PHP
    - css
    - js
    - html
    - tpl
    - design

He/She must be work well alone and/or with the team. Be creative, unique and have a good sense of humor. We are having a lot of fun working on this project so humor is a must.

What will you get out of this:
    - Experience
    - Fun
    - New friends
    - A chance to be apart of a great project and definitely lots of laughs.
    (Note:*This is a volunteer project*)

If interested please contact us @
    Yahoo ID - i.want.you or tommysvb
    MSN ID - sexydanni@msn.com or cryptic___@msn.com

Thanks, T-Tech

at a snails pace

Card/Board Club Mgmt CMS

Hi,
    Don't laugh but I DO have a project on SourceForge, lol. A specific need pushed me to doin this so it's cool. I love to learn new things.

I have played Card and Board Games on the MSN Gaming Zone for over 2 years now. I have managed my own team and am now a club owner in their Tournaments area. I searched all the script sites for a program I could use to run my club and there just wasn't any that would work for us and the way we do things. I tried to "adapt" a couple but it was way too much involved and the scripts to calculate our points system would have to be designed from scratch ANYWAY, lol.

Hence, I decided to build it from scratch. Any volunteer help would be greatly appreciated at this point, but if not, I do it myself, lol.

Barb
    ummm, I'm still learning? lol

Thumbs up Notepad++

Well i've been in search of a great programmers editor and I found this one http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/ . I like the way this one is designed. Check out the site for the nice features it has.

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/

code | beer > sleep

Re: Notepad++

Originally posted by exec
    Well i've been in search of a great programmers editor and I found this one http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/ . I like the way this one is designed. Check out the site for the nice features it has.

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/
    Is this actually your project or just an editor you like?
    Dont be lazy Search
    Use the Manual

nah, it's an editor I like

I recently launched a new version of one of my sites: http://www.thecreativemonkey.com . Its primary purpose is to provide designers and developers with a place to display their work as well as find useful resources. I'm looking for a few ambitious individuals to help me build up the scripts and tutorials sections of the site. If anyone is interested you can email me at info@thecreativemonkey.com for more details.

Thanks-

Web Interface Architect

online database project

Hi There,

I'm an experienced PHP builder who needs HELP on a project. I prefer you live in Los Angeles or California. This is NOT an open-source project; I intend to make money off of it. (There are a few semi-open source sub-projects, if that makes anybody feel better).

The project (www.relatebase.com) is basically a relational database for dummies with modules similar to Access and Quickbooks. It will involve some (but not a lot) of XML, and has some very original interfaces and concepts.

It will involve JavaScript. I've come up to speed greatly but would love a good JS person working with me.

If you'd like further information, please PM me on this forum.

Sincerely,
    Sam Fullman
    Compass Point Media
    Hey! You may have inadvertently stumbled onto some genius there! :-)

Thread Information