New Projects : Announce here - Page 4

View Poll Results: Would you be interesting in 'detecting robots'?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 64.52%
  • Maybe

7 22.58%
  • No

4 12.90%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Projects : Announce here

Well, if it was on slashdot it'll be repeated again pretty soon.

I think the article you are looking for is here

übergeek
    I am looking for one or two people to help me make a RPG site, either a game or an RPG. Preferably something that no one has done before. I know lots of PHP and I could do this myself but I prefer to work with other people. Basically you would have to know PHP and MySQL to help. I currently have my own PHP RPG site but I got bored of it. IF you are interested in helping post here or email me at joshw@shaw.ca

The Open Source Definition states:

1. Free Redistribution
    The license shall not restrict any party from selling or giving away the software as a component of an aggregate software distribution containing programs from several different sources. The license shall not require a royalty or other fee for such sale.
    (emphasis mine)
    Use Bazaar for your version control system
    Read the PHP Spellbook
    Learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

You can sell OS code, you can't sell GPL code (Well, you can, but you have to give away as well, so its pointless).
    From the GNU GPL, version 2
    When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not price.
    For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether gratis or for a fee, you must give the recipients all the rights that you have.
    You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a fee.
    That said, it is correct that you cant really sell the source code of a program licensed under the GPL.
    That's due to section 3 of the GPL.
    But you can sell the program.
    The problem gets blurred when you consider programs that are the source code, e.g. PHP or Perl scripts.
    In my opinion, Section 3 of the GPL can be ignored when dealing with such cases.
    That's because the act of distributing the program is the act of distributing the source code.

Under a 'Public Domain' license anyone can do what they like with the code, including selling it, without having to give away the code themselves (unlike the GPL).
    But a work in the public domain is not licensed.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice or legal opinion.
    Use Bazaar for your version control system
    Read the PHP Spellbook
    Learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

I've started a new project. Its at a suitable stage for a little announcement:

PHPhotoshop (Working title)

Its, essentially, photoshop in PHP. Upload an image, do lots of image manipulation things to it. Crop, resize, offset, rotate, RGB channels, HSV channels, picking a colour (from the image and from a colour space), and adding text are all already in. I've got loads more ideas to add though.

Its not yet online though. So no previews.

Hi Guys

While I am studying for my A+ Certification, My Trainer who is teaching me has his own computer business and I go out with him to do some practical work. And I have seen the way some of these companies keep their Computer Inventory, its all over the place, not updated. And the Iventory databases I have tried out they are ok but most of them only allow you for example to add 1 Hard Drive to each PC, while some pcs will have 2 hard drives and then you can't record that the PC has 2 hard drives.

Some companies work in departments or areas so you want to be able to put computers that are in 1 department into the category of that department and computers in another department into their category. Also needs reports that are able to tell you what software is loaded on PCs either all computers or in the different departments etc. Also needs to be able to have input for printers, scanners, digital cameras, software product keys etc.

So I have decided to create up a Computer Inventory Database that is web based in PHP / MySQL.

Because I don't have alot of experience in PHP / MySQL and don't have alot of money, I was wanting to know if anyone is interested in getting a group together over the internet where we plan it out the strutcture and code it all test it out, so we all put in ideas and different layouts, coding etc.

Then after its all completed I was thinking someone could take over the responsiblity of either selling it to clients or making it open-source.

I am prepared to setup on my website access to mysql database, ftp access, Webspace, Subdomain where we can upload it and all of use can test the features and give feedback.

I have got a few different ideas and things that we could do.

Anyone can help even if you do just graphic design because we will probably need some graphics done for icons, login pages etc. Anybody with any experience in PHP / MySQL.

If you would like more information or would like to help out in some way either respond in the thread or email me mail@matthewscomputerguide.com

Hope to here from some of you guys soon.

Matthew

Originally posted by matt001
    So I have decided to create up a Computer Inventory Database that is web based in PHP / MySQL.
    Why would I want a seperate asset registry for IT equipment? Whats wrong with just adding info to the computers in my standard one?

This thread's for posting new projects to work on, not to advertise your products...

www.sourceforge.net/projects/forumlite

I am currently creating a small, fast, and extremely customizeable forum software... I'm learning the finer points of php while I'm at it...
    ._) /-\ |\/| * \/\/ | |_

PHP sFTP

Well, figured I'd annouce it here. ZibingsCoder and myself are looking to make a php extension to handle Secure FTP. Anyone good with C is welcome to come on board . Just send me a pm if you'd like to help...

Guess people should know why they will shortly be getting a barrage of questions.

Working on a new module for Invision Power Board forum software. Basically a quiz style photo thing.

Have the design done, am now at the coding stage, and am working slowly. First attempt at utilising CSS and templates

When l'm finished will be quite happy to share the scripts et al with anyone that wants em For anyone else will post up the url for tests (if that don't breach the rules) Hopefully will have some graphics to drop into sigs, websites whatever in due course. Sort of award things if that makes any sense.

Have only ever done hacks which integrate directly into vBulletin or Invision, so this could be interesting

TIA to anyone answering questions.

PHP5 MVC framework

Hi all,

A while ago I started thinking about writing an Model View Controller framework for PHP5. Now I have written the base classes, and rewritten them, and rewritten them until they look like something that can work.

This is my first 'serious' attempt at object oriented programming and I think it could turn out fairly nicely. The code can be seen running here:

http://shrike.dotgeek.org/

I am really just putting this out to get some feedback, and also to see if anyone is interested in contributing to make a finished product. It's certainly not being done for financial gain, just to learn more about OO and PHP5. While everyone is welcome, I think people who have something to learn might enjoy it, as I am definitely no expert

As always, all thoughts and comments are very welcome, and apologies in advance for the lack of design work
    The Hundredth Idiot

Project name:
    <TheGame> (hey it's only project title)

Description
    A online mmorpg scripted in PHP. Players build teams of units and battle teams / units.

Development status
    Planning

Overall project status
    In it's infantcy (The requirements paper isn't even completely finished)

Help wanted
    I'm currently looking for motivated people, if you:
    can program OO
    have experience with Smarty and ADOdb
    can work in a team
    have played mmorpg before and think you have some good ideas
    drop me a line: jorgen[a]datavisual[dot]nl

What 's in it for you:
    The joy of working on a beutifull application
    A creat creation you can put in your portfolio
    Great fun
    New friends
    Other things a can offer (if everything goes as planned) Stash space on the server and a subdomain and a paid account for free.
    Hi, I'm a signature virus. Put me in your signature and help me spread.

One thing I've wanted to do for a while is what I like to call TechnoWiki. Kinda like wikipedia, but the info is soley about technology and computers).

I'm happy to stump up for a domain name and hosting space, but I'm looking for people to write articles for it.

If you're interested, email: techno@piersonthe.net or PM me here.

Thread Information