I guess I must
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I guess I must

Hybrid View

I guess I oughta...

The hardest bit was trying to think of a suitably embarrassing moment. You bet there are going to be people who don't believe that one.
    • Name: I'm Vernoring. Can I say "Vernoring" in public? It's disappointing that Google doesn't recognise the word. I believe Greg Bear coined it (in Moving Mars), alluding to Vernor Vinge and his novel True Names.
    • Age: Old, but not as old as I sometimes make out (palaeontologists have not written papers about me).
    • Pets types/names: Four cats, Felicity, Miss Paddlefoot, Tiger Lilly, and Fluffy; an Alexandrine parrot, Worser. No, I didn't name them (except one of the late canaries, DJ - successor to AJ, BJ and CJ).
    • Meaning behind your username: Let's say it's this; but I actually picked it because of its originality.
    I don't have "favourites" (even if I do call them bookmarks) - I have A-lists that I review occasionally
    • Favorite quote: No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats, approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less.
    • Most valued posession: My sentience.
    • Fav type of music: Classical, Smart Techno, 70s British rock... Yeah, I've got Gorillaz playing at the moment.
    • Favorite movie: Bladerunner (dircut - haven't seen the Final Cut yet), Contact, The Dish
    • Favorite computer game: Hunt the Wumpus
    • Favorite computer program: *me shrugs*
    • Did OJ do it? Haven't got to OJ yet (see above).
    • Type of car you drive: Gold 2003 Nissan 350Z
    • Type of car you really drive (the truth please): Red 1990 Nissan Pulsar GTi (my petrolhead brother has the Z. It's his show car.)
    • Fav alchoholic beverage: At the moment, butterscotch schnapps. Maybe the odd bourbon and cola. TBH, though, I tend to favour that other psychoactive substance, the ol' 1,3,7-trimethylpurine-2,6-dione.
    • Next vacation: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No, I really don't take time off as often as I should.
    • If you have any superpower in the world, what would it be, and why? Persuasion; so that when I get pulled over by a traffic cop for speeding I can convince him that "these aren't the droids you're looking for".
    • Unique talent: I can do a pretty mean Freddie Mercury impression. At least when I'm drunk. Oh, and I can cross my fingers. All eight of them. Simultaneously.
    • Most embarrassing moment: I do recall a streaking incident at school once during lunchtime. The details are mercifully forgotten but found afterwards some of the girls had hidden my clothes.
    • Write a sentence that ends with 'about 5 inches.' It had to be an American who came up with the idea for writing a sentence that ends with 'about 5 inches'.
    • Years in the industry: This one in particular? Um, six - no, TWELVE - years now (where does the time go and can I have some of it back please?). Time for a change?
    • Which platform do you use: Depends on what's available.
    • Fav PHP editor/IDE: PFE, kate, Zend Eclipse, Visual Studio
    • What's your favorite PHP function/why? make_shopping_cart(). Let 'em think I'm a miracle-worker.
    • Tips for the noob: Show that you're making an effort to learn and people will make the effort to teach.
    • Why do you volunteer your time as a moderator? You know, I ask myself that sometimes. I really do.
    • Free for all (anything you'd like to say): This forum has a 10,000 character limit on posts. So it's not that free, is it?
    Last edited by Weedpacket; 05-10-2017 at 10:44 PM. Reason: No more Cefiro
    THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER
    FAQs! FAQs! FAQs! Most forums have them!
    Search - Debugging 101 - Collected Solutions - General Guidelines - Getting help at all

Cool... I was hoping you'd give us the low down.

Personal website http://www.ryanbrill.com/
    Business site: http://www.infinitywebdesign.com

If you’re not using valid HTML, then you haven’t created a Web page. You may have created something else, but it isn’t a Web page. - Joe Clark

code | beer > sleep
    Favorite movie: Bladerunner (dircut), Contact, The Dish
    ah yes The Dish, suppose you havent seen The Castle both quite funny for those who havent seen it. But the US version they went over and changed tomato sauce with of course ketchup that ruins the whole movie
    Dont be lazy Search
    Use the Manual

GuruMeditation #8401.0007 bad76's Avatar
    Originally posted by planetsim
    But the US version they went over and changed tomato sauce with of course ketchup that ruins the whole movie
    I've the same problem with my spaghetti !!!

I think I view 50th times Bladerunner, but never the director's cut version! There is a conspiracy...

...hmm... I want underline the "this" link isn't working...
    =>
    "Meaning behind your username" == NULL ?
    Last edited by bad76; 12-15-2003 at 10:50 AM.
    It's statistically proven that anything can be proven by means of statistics...

Originally posted by bad76
    I think I view 50th times Bladerunner, but never the director's cut version! There is a conspiracy...
    Oh, much better than the studio-dictated version - it's a much better movie now that Ridley Scott gets to throw his name around.

"Meaning behind your username" == NULL ?
    Oh yes, thought there was something left to do.
    Search - Debugging 101 - Collected Solutions - General Guidelines - Getting help at all

No Pic?

http://www.codesight.net - Web Hosting, Custom Web Development, Web Hosting, Web Consulting

black sheep with red wool Merve's Avatar
    I think he answered most questions in a circular manner. Nice to know bit bout you, weed, now only if we can get bunker and tomhath to cooperate...
    "A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- Jean Chrétien

The Three C's

Originally posted by stolzyboy
    No Pic?
    I've been having a hard time finding one that's more than a few years old. Tell you what - I'll borrow a camera and do a self-portrait. You want one with the beard or without?

code | beer > sleep
    how about a before and after
    Dont be lazy Search
    Use the Manual

Finally, we all get to see what you look like... the suspense is killing me!

Originally posted by piersk
    Finally, we all get to see what you look like... the suspense is killing me!
    Gee, I'm not sure I'll be able to cope with the inevitable anticlimax on my conscience, now

NONONONONONONONO!!!! You must show us what you look like... please please please (with a cherry on the top)

code | beer > sleep
    Originally posted by Weedpacket
    Gee, I'm not sure I'll be able to cope with the inevitable anticlimax on my conscience, now
    It'll be worth it.
    Dont be lazy Search
    Use the Manual

Poot. Can't attach a file to a post that doesn't already have one.

This is just a temporary one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Weedpacket; 12-17-2003 at 11:05 PM.

GuruMeditation #8401.0007 bad76's Avatar
    ...Is the Blair Witch
    who I can see behind of you ?

Be carefull in the wood!!!
    It's statistically proven that anything can be proven by means of statistics...

Thread Information