Irc - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Irc

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bradgrafelman
    Of course I've heard it!

Wow. Yeah, mines an electric piano (big huge antique - almost the size of a regular piano! ) and... well, from playing on the real piano at school I can tell there's a difference between the electric and the real thing. Maybe it's on old technology, but certain chords clash worse electrically than acoustically.
    Heh, I had a Yamaha CP30 until the early 90s. Quite a dinosaur.

I'd probably give a toe to own a well set-up Rhodes suitcase, though. </oldfart>
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

BTW, IRC has now contributed a thread idea to the EL ....
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Heating up #phpbuilder ....

Well, during a period of time yesterday (that was, in North America, mid/late afternoon), we had several peeps on IRC who'd not been 'round in a long time, I suppose.

'Tween the USA'ers and a couple of fine Brits, we found lots to chat about for a while. And, to top it off, tk/tekky bopped in (late, but understandable) from the Eastern Pacific.

Other things you'd only know if you kept your client pointed to IRC:

-Where bubblenut's going for vacation next month ...
    -Which board regular is participating in a "Madrigal"
    -What the weather was near London, Southampton, Missouri, and the coast of Egypt.
    -Who drove (and damaged) goldbug's truck before he did.
    -Who's looking for JSON ...
    -Who parties on Friday evening ...
    -Who's not coded in a while ....

etc., etc., etc.

If you've a client, a connection, and a "safe" office, why not just point it to our channel and leave it there? You never can tell who'll "pop in" ...

there's stuff like mibbit that does the same thing. nice work though!

Quote Originally Posted by kardiostep
    there's stuff like mibbit that does the same thing. nice work though!
    Lol, mebbe. Near as I can tell, mibbit didn't exist, per se, in February of 2006, tho.

Brad, do you own Mibbit? Or didja miss a bit of money?

I see what you did there
    does anyone still hang out in the freenode channel?
    ***If your problem has been solved, PLEASE click the RESOLVED LINK under "Thread Tools"***

Dev Server: Apache 2.4.x | PHP 5.4.x | MySQL 5.x

PHP Manual | Learn HTML | Validate HTML

I'm got a problem with connectin got the irc channel, and server down or smt?

Seeing as the last significant activity in this thread was over 8 years ago, it may well be that the chat system is no longer supported? Any admins know?
    Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be." ~ from Nation, by Terry Pratchett

"But the main reason that any programmer learning any new language thinks the new language is SO much better than the old one is because hes a better programmer now!" ~ http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/...ck_to_p_1.html

eBookworm.us

Oh derp.. 2008r.. Nvm then my bad.

Well, if it's no longer in use, perhaps we should un-sticky this thread? (Off to leave a note in the moderator's forum... )
    Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be." ~ from Nation, by Terry Pratchett

"But the main reason that any programmer learning any new language thinks the new language is SO much better than the old one is because hes a better programmer now!" ~ http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/...ck_to_p_1.html

eBookworm.us

Thread Information