0. You may not vote on this poll
  • no options

0 0%
  • no options

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: PHP Books

Chistmas is coming up, and I never really want anything, so I thought I'd just as well get some feedback and see if'd actually manage to make a wish list with one or two things for once.

So does anyone has some "must haves" that has any relation at all to PHP. I.e. either specifically for PHP or anything commonly used in combination with PHP, such as SQL, WSDL, security etc, or any books on useful generic stuff such as design principles, natural language text search or whatever.
    And a little note on why would be nice as well.

Also, thoughts on Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture, if anyone's read it?

Or perhaps something on web development with Java. It's been several years since I last coded java, but I'm in no need of a complete newbie approach to the subject.

General Systems Vehicle "Thrilled To Be Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by johanafm
    Also, thoughts on Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture, if anyone's read it?
    I certainly find Martin Fowler's books to be readable and applicable; good reference material.
    THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER
    FAQs! FAQs! FAQs! Most forums have them!
    Search - Debugging 101 - Collected Solutions - General Guidelines - Getting help at all

I guess the two PHP books I've gotten the most use out of are PHP Objects, Patterns, and Practice by Zandstra, and Essential PHP Security by Schiflett.
    Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be." ~ from Nation, by Terry Pratchett

"But the main reason that any programmer learning any new language thinks the new language is SO much better than the old one is because hes a better programmer now!" ~ http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/...ck_to_p_1.html

eBookworm.us

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it

Toonu

Post Suggestion for books and websites

suggest me the books and websites to start learning for following Languages and software, I have also basic knowledge of C and HTML so the name of languages and the software are :

1. For PHP and MYSQL.

2. For CSS.

3. For JavaScript.

4. For Jquery.

5. For Adobe Dreamweaver CS4.

I am also sending addresses of training websites and the name of books and their authors as far as I know, so Please check and send your opinion for those book and training websites.

Addresses of training websites and the name of books and their authors as follows:-

Addresses of websites:-

1.www.w3schools.com

2.www.tizag.com

Name of books and their authors:-

1. PHP and MYSQL:- 1.Wrox Beginning PHP 6, Apache, MySQL 6 Web Development
    (Name of author:- Timothy Boronczyk, Elizabeth Naramore, Jason Gerner, Yann Le Scouarnec, Jeremy Stolz)

2.Wrox PHP and MySQL: Create - Modify - Reuse
    (Name of author:- Timothy Boronczyk)

3.Wrox Beginning MySQL
    (Name of author:- Robert Sheldon, Geoff Moes)

4.Wrox Professional Search Engine Optimization with PHP: A Developer's Guide to SEO
    (Name of author:- Cristian Darie, Jaimie Sirovich)

2. CSS :- 1.Wrox Beginning CSS: Cascading Style Sheets for Web Design
    (Name of author:- Richard York)

2.Wrox Professional CSS: Cascading Style Sheets for WebDesign,
    (Name of author:- Christopher Schmitt)

3.Wrox CSS Instant Results

4.MASTERING CSS with Dreamweaver CS3
    (Name of author:- Stephanie Sullivan and Greg Rewis)

3. JavaScript and Jquery :- 1.Wrox Beginning JavaScript, 4th Edition
    (Name of author:- Paul Wilton, Jeremy McPeak)

2.Wrox Professional JavaScript for Web Developers
    (Name of author:- Nicholas C. Zakas)

3.Wrox Beginning JavaScript and CSS Development with jQuery

4.Wrox Professional JavaScript Frameworks: Prototype,YUI, ExtJS, Dojo and MooTools
    (Name of author:- Leslie M. Orchard, Ara Pehlivanian, Scott Koon, Harley Jones)

4. Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 :- 1.MASTERING CSS with Dreamweaver CS3
    (Name of author:- Stephanie Sullivan and Greg Rewis)

2.Apress The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS4 with CSS, Ajax, and PHP
    (Name of author:- David Powers)

I am also attaching a notepad file containing the addresses of training websites and the name of books and their authors as above for convenience,

Please reply as soon as possible,
    Thank You ,
    Attached Files Attached Files

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wicked-Cool-...4617794&sr=8-1

Wicked Cool PHP is a good book - does not go into basics but provides quite a lot of information on how to do some tasks, I would definately recommend it

to learn php is more trail and error. but i did use books at the beginning as well i would suggest programming php by rasmus, and also the newer php 5 version and THE PHP MANUAL BEST!

I saw on Amazon that a book titled 'Pro PHP MVC' will be released, cant wait for that! I am not good at MVC yet, so it will help me a lot. Hopefully other programmers will like it too. XD

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-PHP-MVC-Pr...7278799&sr=8-1

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Yggdrasill View Post
    I saw on Amazon that a book titled 'Pro PHP MVC' will be released, cant wait for that! I am not good at MVC yet, so it will help me a lot. Hopefully other programmers will like it too. XD

You can always download a framework such as CodeIgniter (which has pretty good documentation) and play around with it, too.
    Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be." ~ from Nation, by Terry Pratchett

"But the main reason that any programmer learning any new language thinks the new language is SO much better than the old one is because hes a better programmer now!" ~ http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/...ck_to_p_1.html

eBookworm.us

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Yggdrasill View Post

You can also download the yii framework and work around to check the flow of mvc
    .Facilitate the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.

Good up-to-date PHP book!

I've been following a PHP book but all of its contents are out of date and are giving me errors and also teaching me incorrectly. Can someone tell me a updated book that is worth a read? Thanks!

Well it's a little out of date topic but worth to mention is also the video sql tutorial. Books are fine for reading in a free time but when it comes to learning audio books/videos are much better. Just my opinion.

Thread Information