Anon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anon

AJAX Pimp

Anon

Who is Anon? He has over 64,000 posts, yet in some of his earlier posts he seems to be having a one-sided conversation with himself, as if he has multiple-personality syndrome.
    Logan K.
    <logankriete@gmail.com>

code | beer > sleep
    Anon = Anonymous if I remember correctly.
    Dont be lazy Search
    Use the Manual

AJAX Pimp
    Really? Interesting. So, is it an account that anyone can log into to post without registering?
    Logan K.
    <logankriete@gmail.com>

I think it's an account that got crapped up during a forum transition, or something. I like Anon, as it's a Deus Ex Machina
    Not using [PHP] tags makes the baby jesus cry.
    The help of an enthusiastic idiot is worse than the sabotage of an expert.
    Don't be a PhPenis - RTFM - still stuck? Then go DAFT (Do A Fekkin Tutorial)

AJAX Pimp
    A Deus ex Machina? From what I've seen, it hasn't done anything in the past year or so. Some admin (like JPnyc) should get this cleared up.
    Logan K.
    <logankriete@gmail.com>

black sheep with red wool Merve's Avatar
    I agree, we should give weed his proper place at the top of the posting heap.
    "A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- Jean Chrétien

The Three C's

AJAX Pimp
    Yes, it certainly seems like weedpacket is more active. Although, I've done searches and can't find any thread that he started asking for help. So, has never asked for help here, only helped others?
    Logan K.
    <logankriete@gmail.com>

You looked through the entire forum, including the archived stuff?

Youu luvvv him, you wannna marrrry himmmmm
    Not using [PHP] tags makes the baby jesus cry.
    The help of an enthusiastic idiot is worse than the sabotage of an expert.
    Don't be a PhPenis - RTFM - still stuck? Then go DAFT (Do A Fekkin Tutorial)

If I rememer right, Anon was created during a forum update that lost all the registered users or from a time when registration wasnt required, and rather then trying to keep all the original user names which was a bit of work, they made them all show up as Anon as to not lose the important imformation that may have been discussed during those times.

just what I recall hearing about it in the past :P
    -Karl
    Problem solved? Mark your thread resolved!
    See how many times my link has been used to mark a thread resolved here
    (fixed to work with updated VBulletin... this works again!)

AJAX Pimp
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakla
    You looked through the entire forum, including the archived stuff?
    No, not archive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakla
    Youu luvvv him, you wannna marrrry himmmmm
    Not at all. A) I'm not gay; B) if he looks anything like his avatar...

Edit: didn't see your post tekky. From what it seems like, you're right. So I guess that account isn't even in use anymore. What a shame - it'd be cool to claim 64,000 posts here on phpbuilder!
    Last edited by LoganK; 08-14-2005 at 02:45 PM.
    Logan K.
    <logankriete@gmail.com>

Yup; Anon's last post was on August 13, 2002, at 11:44AM. Five and a quarter hours later jstarkey welcomed all to the new forums.
    And about a day later the situation with Anon was clarified.
    THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER
    FAQs! FAQs! FAQs! Most forums have them!
    Search - Debugging 101 - Collected Solutions - General Guidelines - Getting help at all

AJAX Pimp
    Wow, thanks for the helpful threads. Everything's cleared up now for me!

Edit: Allright I give up. I suck at math. Weed, you said his last post was at 11:45 a.m.; however, for me it reads 7:45 p.m., which is an 8 hour difference, which means you're 8 hours behind me, which means right now (for me) it's 9:35 a.m., but for you it's around 1:35 a.m....I'm at GMT-5, so what timezone are you in? My math put you at GMT-13 but no such timezone exists...
    Last edited by LoganK; 08-16-2005 at 09:37 AM.
    Logan K.
    <logankriete@gmail.com>

I'm at UTC+12 (it's UTC+13 in summer, but it's not summer); are you counting Daylight Saving?
    Search - Debugging 101 - Collected Solutions - General Guidelines - Getting help at all

AJAX Pimp
    Eh, I really don't know. All I know is that whoever I'm with on the day that it changes will say, "Hey logan, don't forget to set your clock one hour (ahead|back)". I can tell you this: I know I'm usually GMT-5 (Eastern) timezone, and my computer clock says 10:43. But, the PHP Builder forum here says GMT-4, yet it reports it as 10:43. So...I guess I'm on (off?) daylight savings time...I told you I suck at math!!!

What's UTC+12? I only know GMT. So what's the time difference between me and (insert your location here).
    Logan K.
    <logankriete@gmail.com>

GMT was replaced as the standard by which civil time is measured by UTC in 1972. The reason being that GMT was never sufficiently well-defined (as it was, it was more like the standard now known as UT1). I always call it UTC because the difference between UTC and UT1 (kept to within 0.9 seconds by the addition or removal of the occasional second from UTC) makes for about 30-odd metres' difference at the equator. (And I find it easier to be consistent.) Use of GMT is deprecated.

Basically there are three timescales: TAI is atomic time: every day is 86400 SI seconds in length. Then there's UT1: every day is 86400 seconds long, but the length of the second varies with the rotation of the Earth. And then there's UTC: the day is 86400+/-1 SI seconds long. Incidentally, there's to be a leap second added at the end of this year. "Four ... Three ... Two ... One ... Waitforit ... Happy New Year!"[*]

Check your user settings; your timezone option might be out of whack (I'm guessing you're not on Daylight Saving right now. That happens during the summer. It's not summer where you are, right?)
    [*]Okay, so which hour gets the leap second added depends on your timezone. 1pm New Year's day for me. Midnight UTC.
    Last edited by Weedpacket; 08-17-2005 at 01:13 AM.

Thread Information