Who are the mods?

Thread: Who are the mods?

Who are the mods?

Just incase you need/want to know who the mods are and what areas they are mods for, here you go: http://board.phpbuilder.com/showgroups.php
    Last edited by laserlight; 07-02-2012 at 12:37 PM.

http://www.codesight.net - Web Hosting, Custom Web Development, Web Hosting, Web Consulting

Parse error line -1 Bunkermaster's Avatar
    zOMG 404 page!

"Our ASP will blot out the sun!"
    "Then we will PHP in the shade"

Fixed
    Use Bazaar for your version control system
    Read the PHP Spellbook
    Learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Nice to see you still about laserlight! Been busy the last few years myself but still PHPing like a crazy old dawg!

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkermaster
    still PHPing like a crazy old dawg!
    Woohoo, good to see you too!

I'm now getting paid by someone else to do PHP (and w/e else). No more billing! No more sweeping! No more hardware tickets!
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Woot! I'm starting (again) my freelancing in august! I must be crazy (again)!
    Nice to see y'all old timers still about

And I'm over 10 months into my first "real" programming job (having been on the QA side of things for a couple decades then a couple years of free-lancing (and being lousy at sales ).
    Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be." ~ from Nation, by Terry Pratchett

"But the main reason that any programmer learning any new language thinks the new language is SO much better than the old one is because hes a better programmer now!" ~ http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/...ck_to_p_1.html

eBookworm.us

Do you like it? I find myself planning to start a company (alone at first). At 39, people look at me like I'm a dinosaur in a tutu when I apply for developer jobs and they are not willing to pay for the experience. I mean, I started PHP in 1999 and coding generally in 1983. Worth nothing in France. So I decided to fly on my own at the end of august. I have the customers and I have my own projects!

Well, Bunkermaster ... my problem was that I was smart enough to fix things, write code, and personable enough to convince some people that I was worth paying.

But I knew nothing about marketing, customer retention (except the "being nice" and "fixing things" part), hiring, and about a million other things a (typically) successful business depends on having in order to be competitive.

(And, at 45, I have to laugh about the "dinosaur in a tutu" thing. If my boss were any younger, he'd probably think the same thing. But he has about 3 decades more than I do ;-)
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Guess you too are familiar with the "I can't seriously consider putting you under the supervision of a project manager with 2 years experience... You'd eat him up" line then. What saddens me is that it will only get worse with time.

@ dalescop:

45? You young whipper-snapper.
    Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be." ~ from Nation, by Terry Pratchett

"But the main reason that any programmer learning any new language thinks the new language is SO much better than the old one is because hes a better programmer now!" ~ http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/...ck_to_p_1.html

eBookworm.us

been awhile guys/gals...

http://www.codesight.net - Web Hosting, Custom Web Development, Web Hosting, Web Consulting

Indeed it has ... pretty much

How is Stolzy these days?

Thread Information