A quick question...

Thread: A quick question...

Personally Humbled Person nrg_alpha's Avatar

A quick question...

While this thread will not qualify for the top 1000 all important posts of all time, I do have a (perhaps extremely trivial) question.

When you view say the General Help forum, and scroll to the very bottom , it lists the moderators for that forum. Moderators have their names in bold (most in green [and obviously, this is reflected in individual posts as well]).. and this leads to my question.. Why do some moderators (such as Laserlight or Kudose) have their names in blue while most other moderators are in green?

It's late, I'm tired..I'm bored.. but I did notice the variance in moderator colours, so I just thought I'd ask

Cheers,

NRG
    "Build a man a fire, you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If preg was a woman, I'd marry her. But I could just see the pattern... she would replace me with someone with money ($1).

You haven't seen JPnyc, I take it. Then again, he gets paid.
    Last edited by Weedpacket; 08-20-2008 at 02:57 AM.
    THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER
    FAQs! FAQs! FAQs! Most forums have them!
    Search - Debugging 101 - Collected Solutions - General Guidelines - Getting help at all

I think it's an age thing:
    young
    mature
    frickin' old!

Seriously, though, I believe it's moderator, super moderator (I can ban your butt!), and administrator.
    "Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog
    cwrBlog: simple, no-database PHP blogging framework

Personally Humbled Person nrg_alpha's Avatar
    Ah, that makes sense! I figured this site did away with using ranks of moderators (as usually, you see this status somewhere below the avatar in other forum sites). But this way is more subtle.
    "Build a man a fire, you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If preg was a woman, I'd marry her. But I could just see the pattern... she would replace me with someone with money ($1).

Quote Originally Posted by nrg_alpha
    (as usually, you see this status somewhere below the avatar in other forum sites)
    Actually, it's still there by the avatar; it's just that when you reach a certain level of seniority you have the option of changing it to something like "Personally Humbled Person" .
    THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER
    FAQs! FAQs! FAQs! Most forums have them!
    Search - Debugging 101 - Collected Solutions - General Guidelines - Getting help at all

Thread Information