PHP website development - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PHP website development

@leahmo

Okay Im gonna add my 2 cents to this post as I still regard myself as a newbie at PHP although I can develop sites using PHP now.

There are literally thousands of places with code snippets and completed open source applications available on the internet. Most of the applications produced are for those that wish to make a website solution but have limited knowledge. I started out this way and used respective code snippets and applications to understand how they were built.

Everybody has their own style but in general the principles are the same and usually so is the end objective. I started developing sites in pure "html" first so I was 100% confident I understood nearly every aspect of basic html. Without this grounding I felt it was impossible to understand what I was trying to achieve in PHP. As I progressed I started adding little bits of PHP for example 'includes' and compiling a config file etc. It worked for me because I could see the things in action and it gave me the confidence to add more and more.

So now im at the stage where around 80% of my sites are written in PHP and the other 20% is a mixture between javascript and html. It feels great when you finally have an application running built from the ground up. This took me a year by the way, didnt see the point in rushing.
    Try not to become a man of success but a man of value

Thumbs up Must Know About Basic C and PHP

Hi Friend,

first you learn c,c++ and Basic PHP. than you create your site, without you know anything you don't to do anything. i know Php is not hard but it's more important to you have to knowledge about php,

So First you growth your knowledge about php, some practical to do, than you create your site, id u want to learn abt PHP, online many site's Available, like W3Schools,

Not sure why it's relevant to know C or C++ I know both and don't see the relation to PHP. PHP is a server side programming code and C and C++ are standalone application languages.
    Try not to become a man of success but a man of value

Quote Originally Posted by chrisguk View Post
    Not sure why it's relevant to know C or C++ I know both and don't see the relation to PHP. PHP is a server side programming code and C and C++ are standalone application languages.
    I think what he's saying is having prior programming knowledge, but of course it's not required for PHP or any language (though it certainly does help).
    Declare variables, not war.

Thread Information