[ask] Instaling Phpnews failed

Thread: [ask] Instaling Phpnews failed

[ask] Instaling Phpnews failed

Hello everyone,,

I've been trying to make phpnews script run on my web but it seems theres a problem with installation,, I'm new with php and stuff but I believe I followed all the instruction given but still no result.

Some folder are chmod to 777 just like the instruction but it seems the file "settings.php" didnt created for some reason and when I go to "index.php" it saz that it will prompt for username and pwd but nothing happened and I dont know how or where to edit the script manually.

Can anyone help me whit this pls,,I noticed thephpnews website is down and I've been googling for the wright tut but I cant find any related to this..thanks in advance

Phpnews 1.3.0

PHP Version 5.2.17
    MySQL 5.5

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    So, uh, create "settings.php"? And put some settings in it?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that package. Too bad their site is down. Maybe there's a users' forum somewhere else? IRC channel, perhaps?
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

there's bound to be other applications that do the same thing, perhaps trying another is worth it.

Thread Information