PHP problems with WordPress on VPS

Thread: PHP problems with WordPress on VPS

PHP problems with WordPress on VPS

I have a problem with my blog, forsejt.dk, I switched from UnoEuro.com, sharedhost, a few months ago because the page had grown from the sharedhost's - the VPS is faster and better, and of course more expensive. It is not the problem. Everything worked on that server.
    The problem is that after I switched to my own VPS, the page can not make wordpress-updates anymore, nor can it show news from wordpress.org(rss feed in backend) or install plugins, themes through the backend. Scheduling post does not work, either.
    The problem must be something with PHP, PHP is not allowed to contact other servers through PHP, or something? I can not find anyone with the same problem, nor anyone who has solved the problem.
    Update menu shows that everything is "up to date" - but when new updates come, it will be shown with a small number next to the menu item to indicate that updates are available, this resets when I try to update.

2 other pages, bagnefoto.dk and mobilab.dk, are located on the same server, one is brand new, and therefore most likely without a wordpress-error. both has the same PHP error. I haven't changed anything since it worked on the other server.
    My server has CentOS on it, with cpanel running the webserver.
    Apache version 2.2.23, PHP version 5.3.17

Sounds like a server configuration issue. Are there any entries related to this in the PHP error log or the Apache error log? I have never heard of this type of problem before with WordPress. As long as you've migrated your database properly from your old installation then your new site should work just fine.
    Declare variables, not war.

I thought it was something with the php configuration or Apache configuration?

Quote Originally Posted by andersburn View Post
    I thought it was something with the php configuration or Apache configuration?
    Sounds that way.

Have you tried reinstalling WordPress and just importing your posts, pages, etc.?

The site Bagnefoto.dk was installed on same server from new. It has the same problem.

Can anyone point me in the right direktion? A Server-forum? Is this a Apache problem? Cpanel problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonesnap View Post
    Are there any entries related to this in the PHP error log or the Apache error log?
    Also, have you tried posting on the WordPress support forums?

And the error logs didn't show anything?

Nope, not anything

Thread Information