Template contact form not working - not receiving email

Thread: Template contact form not working - not receiving email

Template contact form not working - not receiving email

Hello there,

I'm a newbie to this forum and also web design. I have a template that I'm hoping to use but can't get the damn "Contact Form" to work. I followed the directions as far as changing the default email to my own but still can't get it to work. I'll upload the code in the mailhandler.php and form.js.....hopefully, one of you will see something.

Thank you soooooo much! I stayed up last night until 4:am (xmas) trying to resolve this 1 issue. I went through the forum and tried everything with no success.

Happy Holidays!

-Rodney

PS....I hope I posted this correctly. I attached text files of the code from the forms.js, mailhandler.php and mailhandler.ashx

formjs.txtmailhandlerphp.txtmailhandlerashx.txt

Please help! If there is anything else I need to post, I am more than happy to. I need to get a temerary website up using this contact form ASAP.

Thank you so much in advance!

Happy New Year!

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    Welcome to PHPBuilder. Or, what's left of it We're just people who use PHP --- some professionals, some amateurs, and yes, even some "newbies". I sympathize with your troubles; debugging can, at times, be harder than it seems it should. And, like it or not, programming is Real Work(tm), and Real Work(tm) isn't always (perhaps "is hardly ever") easy.

I'm just guessing, but I think we'll need some more information if you really want help from a forum like this. If you just want someone to read all your code and sort the problem for you, I'd (gently, of course) suggest that you look for a freelance professional if you really want this done Real Soon Now(tm).

So, what have your tried? What symptom causes you to think it doesn't work? (It's not that the rest of us don't believe you, but the rest of us haven't witnessed the problem and we might have a better chance helping with that information available).

Are you using PHP for certain in your site? If so, you don't need to post the ASHX file here (that file, as you may have seen, is written in C# instead of PHP and there are very few here who know much about that).

Are there any error messages, or do you receive a blank page from the browser? Are there logs on the server that can tell you anything about the problem? Do you have tech support at your webhosting company?
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Ol' Rodney did post a PHP file but we don't know if his form is actually using it. The PHP file in question is also an appalling script, and highly exploitable. It's so bad, it looks almost intentional actually.
    IMPORTANT: STOP using the mysql extension. Use mysqli or pdo instead.
    World War One happened 100 years ago. Visit Old Grey Horror for the agony and irony.

Thank you both for your replies. What exactly do I need to look for? Which files could I upload from the site that would show you what the contact form is "using"?? This is a template I paid for and truth is.....I recently found the damn thing for free and the free one has the contact form. The one I paid for does not.

Thank you both so much again! I really appreciate it!

You should get your money back and use it to pay someone who can do this for you -- either that or spend some time learning some PHP. The mail script you have is vulnerablMail Header Injection.

Given the broad nature of your questions, I would recommend you first understand how a form works in PHP. Perhaps you could post the HTML content of your form here -- please make sure to use the code formatting so it's readable.
    World War One happened 100 years ago. Visit Old Grey Horror for the agony and irony.

Here is the HTML of the Free template with contact form.

OK the action attribute of your <form> is set to "#" so I'm not sure if your form will submit to the php file you've supplied. If your script depends on the javascript you gave us to specify which form handler (PHP or ASPX?) then you are going to have a problem if the user's browser won't run your script.

What "doesn't work" about it anyway?

When you hit "send" on the the contact form while the website is live; NOTHING happens. You don't get a confirmation and no email is sent to the recipient. Any ideas of what I can do? Is there anything else I can check?

Thank you soooooo much, again! I really do appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Does it load a different page? Do you know if the form is even submitted? There could be a problem with your Javascript.

Thread Information