[RESOLVED] Upgrading from php4 to php5, deprecated issues - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [RESOLVED] Upgrading from php4 to php5, deprecated issues

Okay....!

Taking out the & seems to have fixed all of those errors.

Last one is:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/motosout/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 2552

And this is that code:

$this->noheader = defined('NOHEADER') ? true : false;
    And the above error code for photopost admin.
    Last edited by jbomx363; 01-03-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    Well, I see no object assigned by reference in that code; You'll need to look through the context of $this, particularly looking for the $noheader method (or property?) and see what you can see.

A better alternative might be to go ahead and do the error_reporting() hack in class_core.php, don't you think?
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

I don't know how it happened, but the code above was not the correct code for the line given. Call me dumb.

This was the correct line that was causing the error:

$this->input =&new vB_Input_Cleaner($this);
    So..I removed the & and all errors are now gone.

Thanks for all the help and taking the time to do so.

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    You're welcome --- please consider marking this thread as "Resolved" under the "thread tools" drop down above the first post.
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Thread Information