How to run webserver over usb dongle?

Thread: How to run webserver over usb dongle?

How to run webserver over usb dongle?

Hello Everyone,

First of all I m sorry because may be I sent my question under worng header. But I never show the header related to web server, so I sent my question in this section.

My question is that how to run my web server (Apache, mysql, php) over USB Dongle (means accessing net by usb dongle).

I want access net by using dongle(3G/2G) sited run my webserver so that my friend will see my site through internet by using public ip address that I got after connecting to net. For one session it will work as static ip, in that session I will use that ip address for accessing my webserver content through other network.

If there is any way to do this please tell me ...

Thanks and Regards,
    Antrikssh....

Pna lbh ernq guvf¿
    Not sure I really understand your question.

Your webserver isn't going to care how your computer is connected to the Internet. Thus, the fact that you're connecting via a "USB dongle" has no bearing on whether or not your friend can access your website.

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    You're looking for Dynamic DNS ... which is offered by many services.

I'd be a tad more concerned, though, about your wireless carrier's Terms of Service ... which may not allow such things; these sorts of companies have been known to block traffic to well known ports.

I'm not sure if Dynamic DNS can be leveraged/set to assign a different port number or not.
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

General Systems Vehicle "Thrilled To Be Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by Antrikssh
    First of all I m sorry because may be I sent my question under worng header. But I never show the header related to web server, so I sent my question in this section.
    Well, strictly speaking, this is a PHP forum site, not a web server one...

Since "Newbies" isn't really appropriate for this thread, I'm moving it.
    THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER
    FAQs! FAQs! FAQs! Most forums have them!
    Search - Debugging 101 - Collected Solutions - General Guidelines - Getting help at all

Pna lbh ernq guvf¿
    Quote Originally Posted by dalecosp View Post
    I'm not sure if Dynamic DNS can be leveraged/set to assign a different port number or not.
    Not really, because the two topics are orthogonal; DNS just resolves a name to an IP address (since you can't really do anything with a hostname). The DNS server neither knows nor cares what "port" the client wants to use - that's up to the client to figure out once it receives the IP address in the DNS query response.

I agree with you, however, in that the OP is very likely going to at least be violating some ToS/AUP, and even more likely to fail altogether due to the inbound connection being blocked.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if all unsolicited inbound requests get blocked, meaning it won't matter what port number you try to use.

Thread Information