Have you seenů
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Have you seenů

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,657

    Have you seenů

    PHP 5.5.0 Alpha 2 released
    Please, note that this alpha version also introduces the ext/mysql depreciation.

  2. #2
    Senior Member traq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    so.Cal
    Posts
    949
    yup, saw that last night. : )

  3. #3
    Pna lbh ernq guvf┐
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kansas City area
    Posts
    19,428
    *clap*

  4. #4
    Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Accelerating Windows at 9.81 m/s....
    Posts
    7,714
    Quote Originally Posted by bradgrafelman View Post
    *clap*
    ... I assume that's for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by PHP Development Team
    also introduces the ext/mysql depreciation.
    Interestingly enough ... shouldn't that be "deprecation"? I don't remember paying anything for it to start with ... so how can it depreciate?
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

    dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

    Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

  5. #5
    Pna lbh ernq guvf┐
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kansas City area
    Posts
    19,428
    Quote Originally Posted by dalecosp View Post
    ... I assume that's for this?
    Indeed it was.

    Quote Originally Posted by dalecosp View Post
    I don't remember paying anything for it to start with ... so how can it depreciate?
    Makes perfect sense when you say it like that, really! Previously, ext/mysql was not worth anything, and now it's worth even less!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,657
    lol

  7. #7
    High Energy Magic Dept. NogDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ankh-Morpork
    Posts
    13,936
    Of course, all this means is that now you'll get deprecation warnings when you try to use it, if your error_reporting level is set to include E_DEPRECATED. (Which means that once people start using 5.5 in any numbers, we'll start getting posts here about "Why am I getting this warning...?")
    Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be." ~ from Nation, by Terry Pratchett

    "But the main reason that any programmer learning any new language thinks the new language is SO much better than the old one is because heĺs a better programmer now!" ~ http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/...ck_to_p_1.html


    eBookworm.us

  8. #8
    Senior Member Derokorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,782
    Yeah, we still get posts asking about that error with ereg* which has been deprecated over 3 years.
    Sadly, nobody codes for anyone on this forum. People taste your dishes and tell you what is missing, but they don't cook for you. ~anoopmail
    I'd rather be a comma, then a full stop.
    User Authentication in PHP with MySQLi - Don't forget to mark threads resolved - MySQL(i) warning

  9. #9
    Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Accelerating Windows at 9.81 m/s....
    Posts
    7,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Derokorian View Post
    Yeah, we still get posts asking about that error with ereg* which has been deprecated over 3 years.
    Say it ain't so!!!
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

    dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

    Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

  10. #10
    PHP Witch laserlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    13,563
    What to do... people's PHP manual reading skills have depreciated over the years.
    Use Bazaar for your version control system
    Read the PHP Spellbook
    Learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

  11. #11
    Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Accelerating Windows at 9.81 m/s....
    Posts
    7,714
    Quote Originally Posted by laserlight View Post
    What to do... people's PHP manual reading skills have depreciated over the years.
    Do ya suppose there's enough of us who do that we could copy significant sections into our sigs?

    Would they pay any attention to that?
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

    dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

    Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •