developement in joomla

Thread: developement in joomla

developement in joomla

my requirement is basically the volunteer list has three goups namely
    1.active voluneer list
    2.ready volunteer list
    3.passive volunteer list

lets say there are 50 volunteers.out of 50 ten members are in active volunteer list and remaining 45 are in volunteer list .based on the date(say some 15 days period) active volunteer action will expire.
    out of 45, ten members already present in ready volunteer list so we need to inform this volunteers about expire date of members in the active volunteer list before one week because this members will have to move into the active volunteer list and perform there action as a active volunteers.
    finally if the members in the active volunteer list period gets over they automatically should move to the passive volunteer list.and the cycle repeats.
    i am new to joomla and i dont know how to start and that much coding.. just give the brief idea

regards
    sajan mks

General Systems Vehicle "Thrilled To Be Here"
    THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER
    FAQs! FAQs! FAQs! Most forums have them!
    Search - Debugging 101 - Collected Solutions - General Guidelines - Getting help at all

Quote Originally Posted by sajan mks View Post
    my requirement is basically the volunteer list has three goups namely
    1.active voluneer list
    2.ready volunteer list
    3.passive volunteer list
    Based on the generality of your post, I would imagine that you aren't particularly aware of any data structures that exist in a Joomla installation or how to interact with them. I would suggest you famliarize yourself with the database tables used by Joomla and the code used to access them. One of your first decisions will be whether to make use of the existing user table or to create some other table that tracks "volunteers"
    IMPORTANT: STOP using the mysql extension. Use mysqli or pdo instead.
    World War One happened 100 years ago. Visit Old Grey Horror for the agony and irony.

yeah i created all user groups in joomla.the real problem what i am facing is how to interact with that groups using php code.i am new to php.can u give the brief idea about coding.as i mentioned earlier in my requirement there is an unique id for that groups so if we mention that unique id's in the code we can easily access that groups.pls go through the requirement once agian..waiting for your reply

can u give the brief idea about coding.as i mentioned earlier in my requirement there is an unique id for that groups so if we mention that unique id's in the code we can easily access that groups.pls go through the requirement once agian..waiting for your reply
    Ha ha. How about "we" start learning PHP code? You could start by learning to write a bit of code that accesses the database in Joomla. There are examples here in the documentation.
    World War One happened 100 years ago. Visit Old Grey Horror for the agony and irony.

i already got deadline for my project:-( i have many works to complete,this one is very important work for me so i have to finish. now i can't learn from beggining.please do something.

Sounds like you are in the wrong line of work?

i wont mind whatever u think.till now i did everything with help of forum only.yeah i agree that i am new to this technology but i have to complete my work know.hope u ll help.

i wont mind whatever u think.till now i did everything with help of forum only.yeah i agree that i am new to this technology but i have to complete my work know.hope u ll help.
    I recommend you first make an effort yourself and then when you get stuck, ask a specific question. I've got no interest in just writing it for you.

Thread Information