Can anyone experienced help with this url rewrite issue?

Thread: Can anyone experienced help with this url rewrite issue?

Cool Can anyone experienced help with this url rewrite issue?

I attached the file I think is giving me the problem. Anyone Please! Help! I have way too many hours into this and I will not give up until it's fixed. I know it's something really simple and I probably will feel pretty stupid afterwards lol. The issue is that all my links or urls are being rewritten, and I know it has something to do with absolute and relative urls here is the docs with it in it

http://www.tinymce.com/wiki.php/Configuration:URL

It works fine on my Apache server at home but not on godaddy's server after clicking the insert link button and save, the links come back looking like this in the html:

<a href="\&quot;http:/emailto:someone@somewhere.com\&quot;">contact@tinycms.net</a>

Any help please?

Thank You
    Chris

PHP Code:
        tinyMCE.init({
            // General options
            mode : "textareas",
            theme : "advanced",
            plugins : "autolink,lists,pagebreak,style,layer,table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,inlinepopups,insertdatetime,preview,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,template,wordcount,advlist,autosave",

// Theme options
            theme_advanced_buttons1 : "save,newdocument,|,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,styleselect,formatselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect",
            theme_advanced_buttons2 : "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,blockquote,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,help,code,|,insertdate,inserttime,preview,|,forecolor,backcolor",
            theme_advanced_buttons3 : "tablecontrols,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,emotions,iespell,media,advhr,|,print,|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen",
            theme_advanced_buttons4 : "insertlayer,moveforward,movebackward,absolute,|,styleprops,|,cite,abbr,acronym,del,ins,attribs,|,visualchars,nonbreaking,template,pagebreak,restoredraft",
            theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",
            theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
            theme_advanced_statusbar_location : "bottom",
            theme_advanced_resizing : true,

// Example content CSS (should be your site CSS)
            content_css : "<?php echo $url?>css/content.css",

// Drop lists for link/image/media/template dialogs
            template_external_list_url : "<?php echo $url?>/admin/lists/template_list.js",
            external_link_list_url : "<?php echo $url?>/admin/lists/link_list.js",
            external_image_list_url : "<?php echo $url?>/admin/lists/image_list.js",
            media_external_list_url : "<?php echo $url?>/admin/lists/media_list.js",

// Style formats
            style_formats : [
                {title : 'Bold text', inline : 'b'},
                {title : 'Red text', inline : 'span', styles : {color : '#ff0000'}},
                {title : 'Red header', block : 'h1', styles : {color : '#ff0000'}},
                {title : 'Table styles'},
                {title : 'Table row 1', selector : 'tr', classes : 'tablerow1'}
            ],
        });
    Last edited by bradgrafelman; 01-28-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: attached code inlined with the post

So that's it? or do I have to add more to it? Thanks man

At a guess, the URLs are being stored in a database? If so, perhaps GoDaddy has the dreaded magic_quotes_gpc turned on, adding the "\" in front of the "&"?
    Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be." ~ from Nation, by Terry Pratchett

"But the main reason that any programmer learning any new language thinks the new language is SO much better than the old one is because hes a better programmer now!" ~ http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/...ck_to_p_1.html

eBookworm.us

Sorry I don't understand?

will keep trying thanks

There is no database the script writes to text file in the diretory

If you look in the file where they are stored, does it have the "\" characters in there? If so and if you did not intentionally put them in there, are those values entered into that file via a PHP page on your site? If so, is it possible that they have (the deprecated) magic_quotes_gpc PHP setting turned on on the web host? If so, can you turn it off (either via a local php.ini or .htaccess file, or by having them turn it off for you)? (If by chance this is the case, you would then have to either re-enter the values again once it's turned off, or manually edit the file to get rid of the current back-slashes.)
    Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be." ~ from Nation, by Terry Pratchett

"But the main reason that any programmer learning any new language thinks the new language is SO much better than the old one is because hes a better programmer now!" ~ http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/...ck_to_p_1.html

eBookworm.us

If I have not got anything out of this? I have gotten experience into something new that is very beneficial for SEO which I never gave a single thought to. lol So with that said, I realized I need to study php url rewriting scholastically. I love learning. "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."
    "Benjamin Franklin". I am checking out your mention in my files but It's not quite there? here is the file
    <Files .htaccess>

order allow,deny
    deny from all

</Files>

Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule admin/$ index.php?view=admin [QSA]
    Options -Indexes

That file delivers= this output------> "see how it rewrites the html. I only entered= emailto:darboy1@hotmail.com

<h2>Welcome</h2>
    <p>Welcome to your new CDDesigns website, it seems to be working somewhat correctly! If you have any problems, questions or if you just want to submit a suggestion, email <a href="\&quot;http:/mce_host/admin/emailto:darboy1@hotmail.com\&quot;">darboy1@hotmail.com</a> and I will get back to you within 24 hours, most likely sooner.</p>
    <p>Check out our documentation for more information about this app.</p>

Thanks for Takin the time with me NogDog. If I can help you in any way lust let me know:-)

Thread Information