Anyone done much parsing/reading of PDF?

Thread: Anyone done much parsing/reading of PDF?

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar

Anyone done much parsing/reading of PDF?

My preliminary looking around didn't yield a "standard" approach to this. Has anyone tried it, or done it?

Thanks!
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

I've done a little bit of the other direction: creating PDFs (using TCPDF). Seems to be a lot more available out there for that side of things -- not sure if it's a licensing thing or just hard to do to go the other way?
    Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be." ~ from Nation, by Terry Pratchett

"But the main reason that any programmer learning any new language thinks the new language is SO much better than the old one is because hes a better programmer now!" ~ http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/...ck_to_p_1.html

eBookworm.us

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    That matches my observations so far. I've found some code that claims to do it, but haven't got it to work. Just guessing, I'd think it to be a fairly HUGE moving target, for one thing....
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Thread Information