PHP Newbies

Thread: PHP Newbies

PHP Newbies

hello i'm very new to programming php. i have an assignment where i have to make a dropdownlist with a submit button that processes the selected index to display an image on another page. i'm having a problem both generating code for the second second page. any help??? thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by djackson3 View Post
    hello i'm very new to programming php. i have an assignment where i have to make a dropdownlist with a submit button that processes the selected index to display an image on another page. i'm having a problem both generating code for the second second page. any help??? thanks in advance.
    ...and what is the problem you're having?

if the code you provided is any indication, it would seem that the problem is you haven't coded anything yet.

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by traq View Post
    ...and what is the problem you're having?

if the code you provided is any indication, it would seem that the problem is you haven't coded anything yet.
    Hear hear!

djackson3 ... can you write a form in HTML? Are you familiar with what they do? After the form's done, then you write the handler (with PHP in this case). Show us the form, please?
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Indeed. When you need help, djackson3, it's best to share three things:

1) what you are trying to accomplish
    2) what you have already tried
    3) what went wrong (or not as expected).

Describe your situation and share you code, even if it "doesn't work" - it still provides a starting point, not only to understand your problem, but to help you understand a solution.

Thread Information