phpUnit Windows GUI

Thread: phpUnit Windows GUI

phpUnit Windows GUI

So we all know how tedious running of phpUnit can be. Well I have written a tool for windows only that aids in the process of running tests. The reason I'm posting is i need some help beta testing it on windows machines. So if you would like to help out I'm looking for unknown bugs and errors.

https://github.com/jgetner/phpUnit-Windows

you can submit bugs ether through Gmail on Here or email them to me at jgetner@gmail.com

I apologize if this is the wrong thread not many places to help access php developers for testing.
    atleast your getting some help... image if you had to figure it out all on your own?.... testing is everthing..... do it be it live it...

I will take a look this weekend, as I have a quick project that will need unit tests written

FWIW, this should probably be under Echo Lounge, but I'm not a mod so whatevas :P
    Sadly, nobody codes for anyone on this forum. People taste your dishes and tell you what is missing, but they don't cook for you. ~anoopmail
    I'd rather be a comma, then a full stop.
    User Authentication in PHP with MySQLi - Don't forget to mark threads resolved - MySQL(i) warning

General Systems Vehicle "Thrilled To Be Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by Derokorian
    FWIW, this should probably be under Echo Lounge, but I'm not a mod so whatevas :P
    Yeah, makes sense.
    THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER
    FAQs! FAQs! FAQs! Most forums have them!
    Search - Debugging 101 - Collected Solutions - General Guidelines - Getting help at all

So I never heard of phpUnit before and the wiki page says very little.
    I can't quite figure out under what circumstances one would use this and how it would work.
    Surely one tests code as it is built...

A sentence or two would be most informative!

Quote Originally Posted by cretaceous
    So I never heard of phpUnit before and the wiki page says very little.
    The author probably assumed that the target audience would understand what it is based on the "languageUnit" pattern that some unit test frameworks adopt.

I can't quite figure out under what circumstances one would use this and how it would work.
    Surely one tests code as it is built...
    Generally, the idea behind a unit test framework is to provide um, a framework by which unit tests can be written and then repeatedly run through automation.
    Use Bazaar for your version control system
    Read the PHP Spellbook
    Learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Hmm, so no explanation as it is assumed interested parties understand the subject.. you can see my point I hope.
    I've read most of the Zandstra book but rarely use the principles set out therein.
    Even a verbatim Google search on 'languageUnit pattern' returns zilch. Oh well..

What does a verbatim Google search on "phpUnit" return?
    Search - Debugging 101 - Collected Solutions - General Guidelines - Getting help at all

Hmm, so no explanation as it is assumed interested parties understand the subject.. you can see my point I hope.
    I don't see your point. Assuming that interested parties understand it is fine. If you don't understand, find out. Of course, it would be better to have the phrase "unit test framework" somewhere so that someone stumbling upon the repository would be better able to find out what the GUI is for if they don't know (or even just recognise the phrase immediately), but not having it is not a big deal either.

I've read most of the Zandstra book but rarely use the principles set out therein.
    Likewise, you assume that our dear visitors have a clue as to the "Zandstra book"

Even a verbatim Google search on 'languageUnit pattern' returns zilch.
    Okay, maybe I should have written "fooUnit pattern" instead, but then you might ask what is foo

But yes, why didn't you search for "phpUnit" instead of "languageUnit pattern"?
    Use Bazaar for your version control system
    Read the PHP Spellbook
    Learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

I did search for phpUnit - that is what triggered first post.
    I know that most of you (i.e. you Laserlight) are entirely familiar with Matt Z's book (and since his name is so rare useful results will appear fast ).
    I was hoping for a short summary and only got code listings.

I have now found this, so will read it:
    http://phpmaster.com/getting-started-with-phpunit/

I was hoping for a short summary and only got code listings.
    This must be one of those situations where Google skews search results based on what it reckons you want to see. When I search for phpUnit, the first three hits are: the phpUnit manual, the phpUnit github site, and the Wikipedia entry.
    All three hits give a short summary after following, respectively, two, one, and zero links (counting the link on Google's page).

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedpacket View Post
    This must be one of those situations where Google skews search results based on what it reckons you want to see. When I search for phpUnit, the first three hits are: the phpUnit manual, the phpUnit github site, and the Wikipedia entry.
    All three hits give a short summary after following, respectively, two, one, and zero links (counting the link on Google's page).
    Interesting. It does that quite a lot, I think. I wish it wouldn't.

My top five results for "phpunit" at Google (from the Chromebar):

• github.com/sebastianbergmann/phpunit/
    • phpunit.de/manual/3.7/en/
    • en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHPUnit
    • pear.php.net/PHPUnit
    • phpunit.sourceforge.net

Which should be prettymuch self-explanatory: Bergmann's GitHub repo, {German?} manual, English Wikipedia entry, the old repos/project pages from PEAR and SF, respectively.
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Thread Information