phpbuilder - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: phpbuilder

I think you'll find the biggest problem is phpbuilder's front page it has a two year old obituary as editor's choice followed by a story from 2010 - it looks like the site died with the creator so why would anyone go further.

Pna lbh ernq guvf¿
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    it has a two year old obituary as editor's choice followed by a story from 2010
    Funnily enough, that's probably more recent than the last time I ever visited anything but the forums.

As for my $.02 about the new design... I still miss the old one. Others have pointed out the fact that a lot of the resources (images, scripts, etc.) on the new design aren't being cached properly. Fixing that would not only reduce subsequent loading times but probably even alleviate some of the bandwidth usage.

EDIT: Looking at the response headers, perhaps the cache issue is a local one. Hmm... oh well, I still miss the old design.
    Last edited by bradgrafelman; 04-16-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    Something else I miss ... just occurred again. I can no longer post images inline.

That SUCKS, IMHO.
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Seems to work for me dale
    Sadly, nobody codes for anyone on this forum. People taste your dishes and tell you what is missing, but they don't cook for you. ~anoopmail
    I'd rather be a comma, then a full stop.
    User Authentication in PHP with MySQLi - Don't forget to mark threads resolved - MySQL(i) warning

Hmm. Someone read the post and changed it, most likely.
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Ok, apparently you can in the EL, but not, for example, in this thread.

To be honest I don't even remember the old design. That saddens me for some reason.

This is really the only programming website I go to. I frequently Google coding problems and as already mentioned, Stack Overflow seems to be incredibly popular nowadays, so my answers are solved there 99% of the time. I wouldn't want to discuss programming there, though. I'd prefer to do that here. Also, as some have mentioned, I owe a lot of my PHP and programming knowledge in general to this place, so not only do I feel like I owe it, but it also feels like "home", even though I haven't been here as long as some of the regulars.
    Declare variables, not war.

Thread Information