Online or classes training recommendations for PHP training needed

Thread: Online or classes training recommendations for PHP training needed

30,000 light years from center of Milky way in the orion arm.

Online or classes training recommendations for PHP training needed

I have been using PHP for years but the company I work for has offered to pay for PHP training for me. I would like to hear about any companies you think are worth the price. Depending on price, they may pay for me to take classes on site, or online. I looked at a few, 1 company has them in California, several are online.

Here is what:
    PHP intermediate - advanced training like this company, http://www.webucator.com/webdev/cour...p-training.cfm.

I know I can learn it on my own, like I have been 'trying' to do, but would like to find a course that someone can recommend.

Thanks,
    Don

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    Hmm. My first question ... do I trust learning PHP from a company that's still using ColdFusion?
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

30,000 light years from center of Milky way in the orion arm.
    I saw that too when I 1st went to their site. The choices of training options is slim.

The 3 that I found that seemed even close to the topics I want to learn were:
    Webucator (cfm running their site)
    AcademyX (with a poorly designed site)
    Zend (which seems like the best one, but it looks like I would need to take 2 courses to cover the topics I want to learn. But a good portion of the rest of the courses would be refresher topics, which I know isn't a bad thing).

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    Well, Zend would have the advantage of brand recognition ... and if you got "Zend Certified", you might well help your resume as a PHP guy.

I don't know much about online ed., to tell truth. Just a couple observations.
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Thread Information