more mysqli issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: more mysqli issues

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    With the InnoDB problem, the number of line items in the DB is irrelevant; the issue is that MySQL doesn't release space for deleted records even when the tables have been "optimized" (or whatever it's called for Inno). But, as you mention, the tables aren't InnoDB, so perhaps we're barking up the wrong tree.

Have you tried running "myisamchk"?
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Yes Trag I copied it exactly from the log

Dalecosp no haven't run myisamchk where do I find it? The system is on a shared host is there a way to run it from phpmyadmin?

There is a "repair table" option in the dropdown at the bottom of the tables list. Select one or more tables and run "with selected > repair table".

#include <disclaimer.h> and all that
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Ok did the repair on all tables. Every one came back status OK.

$shop is defined as the program starts up. It is a constant that is embedded in the program. It is not from the user.

I have also noticed that sometimes I get
    Got error 28 from storage engine
    instead of the
    Got error -1 from storage engine
    I can't find any reference to either of these errors anywhere.

Quick search indicates "28" is a "your disk is full" type of error, possibly connected to /tmp

And "-1" can indicate that sometimes too, as noted above....
    Last edited by dalecosp; 11-05-2013 at 02:25 PM.

ok thanks. I'll have to talk to the host I guess. I'm supposed to have unlimited space. Sounds like they need to look at things.

"Unlimited" means nothing more than "we're not telling you what the limit is."

It's marketing. If you use more memory, processor power, bandwidth, whatever unlimited feature; you'll be cut off and told to buy a bigger plan. The limit is usually higher than any shared-host customer is likely to need, but it's still there. This is always the case, regardless of which host or plan we're talking about.

But anyway...

Also, being on a shared host, it's entirely possible someone else filled up all that unlimited database space before you could.

Thanks Traq Unfortunately I know what you are saying. Also unfortunately I can't afford a dedicated server. I provide websites for artists and most of us are not making all that much money. I try to provide a service that is good but not expensive and there are always tradeoffs. I am an artist first and a programmer second, although I really enjoy the database programming. I've learned a lot but there is tons that I don't know. Really appreciate the help I get here. You guys are all great.

no; I understand completely. I wasn't suggesting you go out and buy a dedicated server—just that it's possible your problem is one or more of your fellow shared sites. It's something to ask when you talk to their support team. You need to bring up the possibility specifically, and firmly: "My database is only using x MB, but I am getting errors indicating MySQL is out of disk space. What's my storage limit? Could other customers be using too much space?" Otherwise, the possibility is sure to be ignored.

Thread Information