Editor/IDE config file sharing

Thread: Editor/IDE config file sharing

Editor/IDE config file sharing

I thought it might be quasi-useful to start a thread where users can share their configuration files for their favorite editor/IDE, where that's possible, in case others want to try their settings for ideas, a change of pace, whatever.

To that end, I'm attaching my Komdo Edit .ksf file, which I've been using pretty much as is for quite some time now. (At least I don't think I've changed anything in the PHP syntax highlighting for quite a few months now.)

chalkboard_nogdog.ksf.zip
    Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be." ~ from Nation, by Terry Pratchett

"But the main reason that any programmer learning any new language thinks the new language is SO much better than the old one is because hes a better programmer now!" ~ http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/...ck_to_p_1.html

eBookworm.us

Hey, question: I've been looking on the activestate faq and forums, but there doesn't seem to be an answer there: do you know how/where to configure what HTML tags komodo recognizes? For example, I want it to stop calling <main> an error, and I'm starting to mess around with Angular.js (which has user-defined element names). Any ideas?

Looks like it uses Tidy for HTML validation, so you could create a tidy config file (search for "new tags"), define new tags, and specify that file in the Komodo Edit preferences window under the "syntax checking" option, selecting HTML for the language, then loading your config file.
    Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be." ~ from Nation, by Terry Pratchett

"But the main reason that any programmer learning any new language thinks the new language is SO much better than the old one is because hes a better programmer now!" ~ http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/...ck_to_p_1.html

eBookworm.us

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    Wow ... off to see if NetBeans even *has* a config file.

I do know it needs coffee first thing in the morning, though: netbeans_nocoffee.png
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

General Systems Vehicle "Thrilled To Be Here"
    Filtered coffee?
    THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER
    FAQs! FAQs! FAQs! Most forums have them!
    Search - Debugging 101 - Collected Solutions - General Guidelines - Getting help at all

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedpacket View Post
    Filtered coffee?
    Well ... *something*. What it's doing there is equivalent to, I dunno, summat like:

PHP Code:
    ini_set(register_globals,0);

file_put_contents("/var/log/php.error.log","Stop using register_globals!"); 
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by traq View Post
    Hey, question: I've been looking on the activestate faq and forums, but there doesn't seem to be an answer there: do you know how/where to configure what HTML tags komodo recognizes? For example, I want it to stop calling <main> an error, and I'm starting to mess around with Angular.js (which has user-defined element names). Any ideas?
    I had that issue, too, but with other HTML5 tags (namely <header>). To get rid of that, you can set the default HTML document to HTML5 by following these steps:

Edit > Preferences > Languages > HTML, and then use the drop down to choose HTML5. This will eliminate all those annoying squiggly lines in your PHP files.

No help for user-defined tags, though, sorry.
    Prison of Mirrors
    Declare variables, not war.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonesnap View Post
    I had that issue, too, but with other HTML5 tags (namely <header>). To get rid of that, you can set the default HTML document to HTML5 by following these steps:

Edit > Preferences > Languages > HTML, and then use the drop down to choose HTML5. This will eliminate all those annoying squiggly lines in your PHP files.

No help for user-defined tags, though, sorry.
    Already using HTML5. I'm on version 8.5.1, and it doesn't recognize <main>.

NogDog's suggestion for a tidy config file worked perfectly, and was easier to do than I thought it would be. The only catch is that you have to define all the extra tags you want, not just the one that is missing. No squiggly lines, not even with angular!

Thread Information