Today I learned - Page 22
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Today I learned

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
    I'm going to respectfully request that you cease and desist with the "you colonials" epithet. We haven't been colonies for over 240 years. Get the f*** over it. And I'm pretty sure a wee bit of Googling would find abominable children in what remains of the empire for which, at this time of year, the sun shines on for less than half the day.
    Go watch some of the nonsense he's been doing in Italy and Japan, he sick creature was more or less playing with a dead body, it's vile
    Once you had a good excuse, you opened the door to bad excuses ― Terry Pratchett, Thud
    Fresh start
    Github version
    Current date 14/10/17
    Finish date "should be" 14/04/18

Vote on your preferred indentation method

Quote Originally Posted by cluelessPHP View Post
    Go watch some of the nonsense he's been doing in Italy and Japan, he sick creature was more or less playing with a dead body, it's vile
    I'm not commenting on what this person has or has not done. My concern is your inference that the actions by one person out of ~300 million somehow defines the quality of child-rearing in this or any other country (which is not a colony). I could google the most disgusting violent UK criminal and then say something like "You ex-imperialists should do a better job of raising children," but I wouldn't.

Not trying to start some flame war here, but I think pausing and thinking a moment before hitting Enter might be appropriate sometimes.

Audio NSFW
    "Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog
    cwrBlog: simple, no-database PHP blogging framework

I'm not commenting on what this person has or has not done. My concern is your inference that the actions by one person out of ~300 million somehow defines the quality of child-rearing in this or any other country (which is not a colony). I could google the most disgusting violent UK criminal and then say something like "You ex-imperialists should do a better job of raising children," but I wouldn't.

Not trying to start some flame war here, but I think pausing and thinking a moment before hitting Enter might be appropriate sometimes.

Audio NSFW
    Tell you what on Friday(my first day off) I will give you a list of reasons and examples as to why I think there is a server lack of discipline in the USA, from outsiders perspective naturally
    Once you had a good excuse, you opened the door to bad excuses ― Terry Pratchett, Thud
    Fresh start
    Github version
    Current date 14/10/17

Tell you what on Friday(my first day off) I will give you a list of reasons and examples as to why I think there is a server lack of discipline in the USA, from outsiders perspective naturally
    To be brutally honest, I don't care why you think that. (shrug) There are better places than this forum to be insulting to other people than your tribe. (Twitter comes immediately to mind.)
    "Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog

To be brutally honest, I don't care why you think that. (shrug) There are better places than this forum to be insulting to other people than your tribe. (Twitter comes immediately to mind.)
    Yep typical colonial attitude run around causing chaos and then shrug it off, then wonder why the rest of the world has such a negative view of you. I think this is about the last I'll say/do here.
    Fresh start
    Github version
    Current date 14/10/17

Believe me, I have plenty of negative views about this country, and people in general everywhere, including the UK. I'm 61 years old had have seen a lot of lousy stuff done by humans everywhere, and have read a lot of history about times before even I was alive.

I just would prefer to keep such things away from what I hope is a friendly, accepting place for PHP developers from anywhere in the world: not a place where we single out certain groups for negativity. It's not a question of right/wrong, agree/disagree; but one of wrong place, wrong time. IMHO.

My Blog

Believe me, I have plenty of negative views about this country, and people in general everywhere, including the UK. I'm 61 years old had have seen a lot of lousy stuff done by humans everywhere, and have read a lot of history about times before even I was alive.

I just would prefer to keep such things away from what I hope is a friendly, accepting place for PHP developers from anywhere in the world: not a place where we single out certain groups for negativity. It's not a question of right/wrong, agree/disagree; but one of wrong place, wrong time. IMHO.
    PS: And if you use the word "colonial" one more time in that context...well...I do have moderator powers here.

My Blog

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    Well, I guess I have a clue why this fell off the front page, or whatever.

But ...

TIL: glob() sorts by default, and has a GLOB_NOSORT flag. Hopefully will save time (for the process, not for me, LOL ... I'll be looking into a ton of script to see how many would benefit by gaining that flag ...)

Hurray for TFM!

Also did some garbage collection in general on a script that's buggy on a large dataset. Hopefully that will fix it!
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Thread Information