Today I learned - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Today I learned

Quote Originally Posted by dalecosp View Post
    Today I learned to make a broomstick fly: http://api.jquery.com/animate/
    I could use one of them or a boot

Today I learned just because something is year two doesn't mean you should put it off till the last minute and think you can breeze though it, to quote a famous man

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.
    - John C. Maxwell
    You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?― Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
    Blog

Six month project

Today I learned its "prima donna" not "premadonna"

Sadly, nobody codes for anyone on this forum. People taste your dishes and tell you what is missing, but they don't cook for you. ~anoopmail
    I'd rather be a comma, then a full stop.
    User Authentication in PHP with MySQLi - Don't forget to mark threads resolved - MySQL(i) warning

Quote Originally Posted by Derokorian View Post

ha

Today I learned creepy shop girl is running for my local council
    You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?― Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
    Blog

Six month project

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Derokorian View Post
    Of course! One's the "First Lady" and the other is Debbie Harry.
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Today I learned I passed LO1, just two more things to do now thankfully. A wireframe then build it, souldn't take long. I also learned how to master reset a laptop and fix my laptop in a new and fun way lol, damn thing is as stubborn as me
    Blog

Six month project

TIL (well, last night I learned) that while in Ruby this is correct...
    Code:
    my_array = ['one', 'two', 'three']
    ...the code style inspectors say that you should instead use this syntax...
    Code:
    my_array = w%(one two three)
    Of course, if it were...
    Code:
    my_array = ['one', 2, :three]
    ...I could not use that alternate syntax, as it only works if all the elements are strings.

One of my gripes with Ruby is that it loves to give many syntax options, but then the community decides, often seemingly arbitrarily, which is the preferred option; and it may depend on the situation, as in this case.
    "Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog
    cwrBlog: simple, no-database PHP blogging framework

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
    One of my gripes with Ruby is that it loves to give many syntax options, but then the community decides, often seemingly arbitrarily, which is the preferred option; and it may depend on the situation, as in this case.
    str_replace("Ruby","Python",$post_text);

$post_text will still eval to TRUE :P

(Actually, maybe this is just F/OSS in general?)
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Yeah, I've heard that...

Perl: There's more than one way to do it.
    Python: There's only one right way to do it.

"Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog
    cwrBlog: simple, no-database PHP blogging framework

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
    Python: There's only one right way to do it.
    ...Although that way may not be obvious at first unless you're Dutch.
    Last edited by Weedpacket; 05-09-2017 at 10:55 PM.
    THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER
    FAQs! FAQs! FAQs! Most forums have them!
    Search - Debugging 101 - Collected Solutions - General Guidelines - Getting help at all

Today I learned how to use this

https://mockingbot.com/

Also got strangely confused at the new cat
    Blog

Six month project

Today I learned about SSL, also added to my domain

SSL Certificates are small data files that digitally bind a cryptographic key to an organization’s details. When installed on a web server, it activates the padlock and the https protocol and allows secure connections from a web server to a browser. Typically, SSL is used to secure credit card transactions, data transfer and logins, and more recently is becoming the norm when securing browsing of social media sites.
    Blog

Six month project

Today I learned everything I need to know about the USA
    Blog

Six month project

Today I learned (thanks to reddit) if you successfully commit suicide in Singapore the police still handcuff you....what?
    Blog

Six month project

Quote Originally Posted by cluelessPHP View Post
    Today I learned (thanks to reddit) if you successfully commit suicide in Singapore the police still handcuff you....what?
    Well, "reddit" is a better-named domain, but I'm not sure about its authority:

https://singaporelegaladvice.com/law...suicide-fails/

And, FWIW, this is NOT intending to make light of anyone from SE Asia. I know we have some very respected forum members from that area.

Quote Originally Posted by dalecosp View Post
    Well, "reddit" is a better-named domain, but I'm not sure about its authority:

https://singaporelegaladvice.com/law...suicide-fails/

And, FWIW, this is NOT intending to make light of anyone from SE Asia. I know we have some very respected forum members from that area.
    Yep, I knew we have some, well some from all over really but I was curious as to if it was a myth or not, no one seemed to call BS on it or not
    Blog

Six month project

Thread Information