Why I don't like SO and affiliates

Thread: Why I don't like SO and affiliates

Why I don't like SO and affiliates

I am going to state blankly I don't like Stack overflow and it's affiliates, why? Now I posted this question on the meta section not so long ago

favorite
    So I just "found" Mars, as a complete armature with a 50 mm scope what should my next target be? Keep in mind I just started using a telescope
    -8 votes, now fair enough that's the meta section and before sneakyimp(yes you're rather honest) says anything, my complaint is at time you can post a perfectly legitimate question just to be berated by ten year veterans, for the most part I see things as Boolean it's true or false, never the less I think the stack overflow lot have become so obsessed with the minutiae of a question and focus on the grammatical structure so much they really forget it's just some armature sitting behind a keyboard trying their best

/endrant
    You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?― Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
    Blog

Six month project

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    I kind of understand. Their insistence that they are the One True Source (and therefore there should only be One True Answer per One True Subject) is a bit of hoity-toityness I could do without and stands in stark contrast to this forum.

But they've got a lot of power right now, job listings, and free CV-type stuff, so they're probably not going away anytime soon.

I really think Tim Perdue, God rest his soul, would've been a better leader then Joel Spolsky for a programming community. But one cannot choose when he will leave unvoluntarily ....
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Thread Information