where to meet up if this site dies?

Thread: where to meet up if this site dies?

where to meet up if this site dies?

This site clearly has major issues since the move. I'll be crushed if I'm unable to find you guys -- you know who you are. Is there some new place I can find your folks?
    IMPORTANT: STOP using the mysql extension. Use mysqli or pdo instead.
    World War One happened 100 years ago. Visit Old Grey Horror for the agony and irony.

This site is going to get rebuilt by the new owners. And the more members they can keep the merrier.

Several people are already members here: http://www.vbforums.com/forum.php

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakyimp View Post
    This site clearly has major issues since the move. I'll be crushed if I'm unable to find you guys -- you know who you are. Is there some new place I can find your folks?
    I'd prefer to stay here, but I'm also on Freaks and SO ....
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Only other tech forum I spend any time at is Webdeveloper.com -- which is a sister site which is also being transferred to the same new owners. I'm on KBoards.com with the same handle, though I don't spend a lot of time there any more as it's been (figuratively) taken over by e-book authors instead of e-book readers. I keep thinking about starting up a reading forum some day, with the goal of keeping it reader-centric, but, well, life. \_(ツ)_/
    "Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog
    cwrBlog: simple, no-database PHP blogging framework

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    This site is going to get rebuilt by the new owners. And the more members they can keep the merrier.
    I'll believe it when I see it. Hoping so!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Several people are already members here: http://www.vbforums.com/forum.php
    I'm also a member there, although I never really have occasion to do windows dev.
    World War One happened 100 years ago. Visit Old Grey Horror for the agony and irony.

Quote Originally Posted by dalecosp View Post
    I'd prefer to stay here, but I'm also on Freaks and SO ....
    Can you clarify? I can't find a dalecosp on StackOverflow :'(

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
    Only other tech forum I spend any time at is Webdeveloper.com -- which is a sister site which is also being transferred to the same new owners. I'm on KBoards.com with the same handle, though I don't spend a lot of time there any more as it's been (figuratively) taken over by e-book authors instead of e-book readers. I keep thinking about starting up a reading forum some day, with the goal of keeping it reader-centric, but, well, life. \_(ツ)_/
    OK I'm a member of Webdeveloper forum too and I see you over there too -- although it's quite a mess as well. This kind of consolidation is unsettling and I'm still fairly alarmed that forums like this are going away. Should we become friends on *gasp* social media or something?

My Twitter handle is public, so @CWReaceJr if anyone cares.
    "Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog
    cwrBlog: simple, no-database PHP blogging framework

Settled 4 red convertible dalecosp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakyimp View Post
    Can you clarify? I can't find a dalecosp on StackOverflow :'(
    Yes, I actually use my real name there. PM to be sent ASAP with link.
    /!!\ mysql_ is deprecated --- don't use it! Tell your hosting company you will switch if they don't upgrade! /!!!\ ereg() is deprecated --- don't use it!

dalecosp "God doesn't play dice." --- Einstein "Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

Getting Help at All --- Collected Solutions to Common Problems --- Debugging 101 --- Unanswered Posts --- OMBE: Office Machines, Business Equipment

Thanks for getting back to me, guys!

Thread Information