Yesterday I was working on adding a method to a report generation class to extract some info from a DB. I spent maybe close to an hour trying to figure out how to wind my way through half a dozen tables to get the data I needed grouped the way I wanted. Then I started writing the method, including the query with 5 joins in it. Then, throwing caution to the wind (since it was all read-only), I ran the script -- and it worked! At that point, after getting over the surprise that I apparently had not misspelled any table names or made any other typographic errors, I couldn't shake the feeling that I must have done something wrong.
Oh well, pending last-minute priority changes, I'll be testing it more thoroughly this afternoon and finding out if I really am that good.